Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What is my Purpose?

"I don't know what my future holds, but I'll trust in God as it unfolds."

What is my purpose? Sometimes I wish someone could hand me a book that would explain my future. Unfortunately, that's not how life works. I believe everyone has a purpose in life. The key is finding yours and making your dreams come true.
My purpose is being a daughter and sister. I want to always be someone everyone can rely on, especially my family. I am so thankful for growing up with loving parents and siblings who have always been there for me, and instilled in me values that shape who I am. Words cannot express how much i love my parents. From day one, they have been patient each step of the way and nothing can break the bond i share with them. My brother and sister are indescribable. We have our ups and downs on occasion, but they will always be my best friends. The older we get, the more we appreciate one another. It's important to me to fulfill my roles as a daughter and sister to the best of my ability.
It's my senior year, and a big part of it is planning for my future outside of AHS. I have mixed emotions about this. It's scary not knowing for sure where I'll be and what I'll be doing a year from now. As of right now, I plan to go to the University of Nebraska Lincoln. My major is undecided, but I know that i want to work in the medical field and with children. I've always loved serving others and helping improve the lives' of people in any way possible. Also, I enjoy working beside little children. I discovered this last year while helping student aid for Mrs. Phillips in the elementary. Each day is a new adventure and learning experience for both you and them, and it's fun to see them grow. I plan on joining a sorority as a way to meet new people on campus and get involved in activities. My brother lives in Lincoln and claims he will show me all the ropes if I go to college there. We'll see if that happens. Ha. Ha.
Another reason why I want to go to school in Lincoln is because of the "big city" atmosphere. Ever since I was a young girl, I knew the city was for me. I've always been a small town girl, with big city dreams. I love the crazy, busy life of people who live in the city. Ya know, like the movies always show the businesswomen walking to work with coffee in hand on their way to their job as editor of the most popular magazine. At the end of the day, they wave their hands flagging down the next taxi, and then going home to get ready for a night out on the town with the girls. This is my dream.
While finding your purpose in life, I believe it's important to stay close to the values that represent you. My faith, family, and friends help define my purpose in life. I've grown up believing that no matter what comes your way in life; God will always help guide you on the right path. Each day I am growing in my faith, and learning more about what my purpose is in life. My family is my number one support system. They have always been there, and will always be there for me no matter what. My friends are amazing. I don't know what i would do without them. We always have so much fun together. No matter where life takes us, we always have each other to lean on. I strongly believe that no matter who you are, where you come from, and what your purpose is, it's important to find beliefs and priorities that will guide you through life's unexpected journeys.
With each coming day as I prepare for my future, I think about my purpose in life. I may be unsure of many of the decisions that lie ahead of me, but I'm making it my goal to make a positive impact on the lives' of others. Through the people I meet, the experiences I endure, and the places I go, I want to leave a lasting impression on others that will bring a smile to their face. I want people to look back and remember me as someone who was always looking out for others in need. This is my purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    I can just see you with your coffee and high heels walking to work in the big city, like LA!! (I think that is too big!!!) You really captured your purpose even though you are not really certain what it is--it will develop even more in the next few years.

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete